-Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-
(Dr Seuss quotes -American Writer & Cartoonist, 1904 - 1991)

Photos of the Day

Photo of the Day

www.flickr.com

Translate to your language

You've missed these!

Positive Thinking



I have learned a very valuable lesson recently and you know the saying that goes when you close one door, another opens ? Let me tell you this. It’s so true. Truly, this is about my feelings. I have learned that as humans, we are very likely to make mistakes, be it at work, or at home. But mistakes makes us wiser, that is; if we are acceptive towards the criticism that comes along our way. More significantly if we tell ourselves, we want to change. And so to me, the saying reflects here. Because I want to change my ways and I am allowing transformation to take place. Hence, when you close one door, another opens. When I am allowing myself to amend my ways of thinking over a failure or a disappointment that took place, I am allowing an opportunity to present itself at my door. And that opportunity is freedom and peace. Freedom because I am liberated from my negative thinking over any disappointments because at the end of day, my thoughts creates my reality and so I want to be in control of my reality. And peace, because I have found it within myself now and I have made this peace within me by accepting things the way they are. Whether or not it favors me or not, it does not matter anymore because I have learned that by acceptance, it removes my subconscious resistance and hence, making way for me to change first, to be selfless.

I have learned that our workplace is like our 2nd home, where we spend most of our valuable times working to achieve both the company and our objectives, from targets to the least demands which includes handling colleagues of different characteristics, of course with each individual bearing his/her own uniqueness. I have also learned that as much as we want our work place to be as harmonious as possible, sometimes situations happens and when that happens, you have no choice but to live with it and pray that one day things will change to be a better place. In short, it’s all about acceptance. Accepting the way it is and replacing negative thoughts with positive feelings and constantly pray for healing to take place and blessings to come.

I have learned also not to stay in the presence of people and situations that are emotionally and psychologically toxic. After all, toxic is harmful and so is negativity. If my surroundings are filled with negative energy, just like a consistent "black cloud", it is only fair for me to detach myself from this sort of energy and create some distance where I can reclaim my personal space, because sadly, negative people have no boundaries and have no respect for other people’s boundaries. In fact, it drains me PEMS - physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. But I hold no grudge, because I am accepting them just the way they are but with certain boundaries.

I have learned to laugh more and much more laughters to come into my life because it is worth it. Any and every situation can have its humorous side, provided we make way for laughters to fill in and only we, ourselves can make this change - even in the presence of negative people. Just a thought for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment