-Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-
(Dr Seuss quotes -American Writer & Cartoonist, 1904 - 1991)

Photos of the Day

Photo of the Day

www.flickr.com

Translate to your language

You've missed these!

3 important men in my life


Father’s Day is just around the corner. To be precise, it’s going to be celebrated on 20 June 2010. Okay, honestly, I can’t think of what to do on that day though for sure I want to do something for the 3 important people in my life. If you can guess them correct, yep they are ….. *drums rolling*….... tada! my beloved father, my dearest husband and my wonderful father in law!

As I am writing this, I am recalling back to those days when I was little, my younger brothers and I will gather up our piggy bank’s savings (most of the times, I contributed the most!) and we buy little gifts for our dad. Of course, as we grew older, the gifts grew bigger too. But since we have all grown up now, the tradition of this gifts have somehow dissolved by itself and nowadays, it’s only celebration over dinner. As simple as it may sound, but to me, it’s the family gathering that matters and most importantly, this little gathering comes with love and utmost appreciation for my father who have worked very hard all these years to provide for the family. Words cannot describe how much I love my dad whom I fondly call Papi.. (okay now, don’t jump the gun, I am not calling him a little puppy! Papi simply means father in Spanish) So you see, with this coming father’s day, I am pretty sure it’s going to be another dinner celebration but as simple and common as it sounds, it’s a special celebration to us because it comes with love and gratitude and appreciating every moment we spent together as a family.

Next on the list, my wonderful father in law. For now, never have I heard of anyone speaking fondly of their in laws and I always thought to myself, geeee… I must be the luckiest girl on earth to have such wonderful and understanding in laws and yep, sometimes I brag a lot too about it! Okay, you may think that I am buttering up my father in law now. Honestly it does not bother me at all. I think my father in law whom I fondly call dad deserved to be told and showed exactly how important he is, including my mom in law, (mum) and for all they have done for me, I want to say a BIG thank you. Really, words cannot describe how blessed I am. So you see, for that also, even though it may be going to be perhaps, just over a lunch celebration, still it’s a very special celebration to me because this celebration comes with love and yes, gratitude too. I am so blessed too because they have been taking such good care of little Rosemary and I know little Rosemary loves them dearly.

Finally, my beloved hubby. A direct message this time....This is going to be your first Father’s Day celebration and before I say anything else, I just want to wish you a Happy Father’s Day! You have been a great husband and a wonderful daddy. Of course, we have our ups and downs, but we always managed to pull it through. We understand each other so well and no matter what, at the end of the day, it’s all about love and trust. You have been a great daddy to little Rosemary and I know too that little Rosemary is very proud of you. Thank you too for being such a great, loving, understanding husband and a wonderful daddy.

So on this Father’s Day, I am taking this opportunity to write here to my papi, dad and my hubby.. wishing you all, Happy Father’s Day!

Here's dedicating to all the wonderful fathers in the world... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment